Best Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth List [NHP Top #1-7]
If you’re going to use a hair growth shampoo, it might as well be the best biotin shampoo for hair growth, right?
You could even mix in some Irish Sea Moss for hair growth to really boost scalp health and length retention. Let's not get ahead of ourselves though.. So look:
To understand how biotin works for you, it helps to know what biotin really is...
Biotin is another name for vitamin B7, which you may see listed in the shampoo's ingredients. Biotin naturally occurs in food, like meat and eggs, and plays an important role in your metabolism along with other bodily functions.
Fact is, while 1000’s of folks take high-quality biotin pills internally as a nail, skin, and hair health supplement, this powerful hair growth vitamin is being used more and more as a topical application.
Just putting it directly on your hair and scalp…
… doing it this way has also proven to be beneficial, helping to improve the strength and integrity of the hair strands, increase thickness, and even speed the rate of hair growth.
Cool part is…
… Biotin shampoos do double duty by not only giving your hair a thorough cleansing, but also boosting the level of nourishment your hair receives with its ingredients that make it a vitamin-infused, hair-boosting staple product.
So, if you wanna learn EXACTLY what to look for when searching for the best biotin shampoo for hair growth products, you’re in the right place. Before purchasing your biotin shampoo, read this quick buying guide and grab my FREE Hair Growth Guide, too.
7 Best Biotin Shampoos for Hair Growth
Additional Ingredients That Help
Boost Biotin Shampoo Results
Sometimes biotin brings a buddy, you see…
Many of the better biotin shampoos come with tag team partner ingredients that that help push your hair growth into overdrive. These additional active ingredients are often added to boost length-retention and add to the moisturization of your scalp which greatly increases the health and vitality of your hair’s “growth terrain”...
So let’s talk about some of the better growth-boosting partner ingredients.
- Aloe Vera: You often see soothing aloe vera in the best biotin shampoos for hair growth because it’s a healing & moisturizing botanical ingredient. Aloe has follicle-stimulating enzymes that work to repair damaged skin cells on your scalp which supports length-retention and hair growth. Also, aloe vera's antifungal properties fight dandruff, so you can reduce your flakes while boosting hair growth.
- Ketoconazole: This hair growth ingredient has been compared with Minoxidil in recent clinical hair growth studies. Topical use of 2% Ketoconazole solution has been reported to have a therapeutic effect on androgenic alopecia. Ketoconazole is found in many of the best dandruff shampoos to reverse pityriasis rosea (a scaly rash), and has been proven to increase overall hair density for hair follicles that are in the anagen growth phase.
- Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein: This protein treatment ingredient is often infused into our favorite hair growth serums for Black hair. It adds body to thinning hair and helps thicken the hair shaft. It also slows moisture loss from your strands and adds shine. It’s common to find this ingredient in products that are seen as the best biotin shampoo for hair growth.
- Zinc Pyrithione: This is an antifungal and antibacterial shampoo ingredient, Zinc pyrithione, sometimes labeled as pyrithione zinc, is used in anti-dandruff shampoos to treat seborrheic dermatitis. While many of the best biotin shampoos don’t include this potent ingredient, if you have dandruff, you might look into rotating a shampoo with this ingredient into your weekly wash day routine.
- Saw Palmetto: According to a study 60% of patients saw “improved” hair growth results compared to baseline results (source) when using saw palmetto for hair growth, it’s no wonder that this natural ingredient is finding its way into many of the top biotin shampoo choices for hair growth. Saw Palmetto is shown to block DHT (dihydrotestosterone), it’s also very effective at slowing the progress of male pattern baldness (androgenic alopecia).
- Caffeine: Caffeine does more than perk you up in the morning, this same active ingredient is often found in the best biotin shampoo for hair growth because it increases blood circulation to your scalp. This type of activation and stimulation to your growth terrain helps hair follicles get the essential nutrients they need to grow.
- Coconut Oil: This is a key ingredient in Hairfinity's botanical hair oil, and you’ll find that the best biotin shampoo for hair growth often has essential fatty acids infused in it. Coconut oil provides that an is an effective way to improve hair health, moisture retention and strength of new growth hair.
FAQs About Biotin & Hair Growth
Research shows that a vitamin B-complex deficiency, including biotin, can cause sleep and anxiety problems. By increasing your intake of biotin, anxiety and sleep issues can be reduced because biotin aids a number of functions within the body to promote overall health and well being.
Best Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth List #1-7
R+Co Dallas Biotin Thickening Shampoo
This is a premium-grade thickening, hair growth shampoo that is known to add life and fullness to fine, flat hair while nourishing and strengthening from root to tip.
If you have very thick hair this may not be the best biotin shampoo for hair growth in your situation, to be a smart buyer you should look for the hair growth product that matches your specific hair type and situation.
For women with thin hair many think that R+Co products work even better than Oribe, it leaves your hair feeling clean, full of life and unlike most thickening shampoos doesn’t leave residue or buildup.
HASK BIOTIN BOOST Shampoo and Conditioner Set Thickening
HASK Biotin Boost Thickening collection features a triple threat of ingredients to make this a strong contender in the best biotin shampoo for hair growth category. It’s popular for giving fine, lifeless hair strands the lift they need. With biotin for hair growth and a volume boost, collagen to fortify, and coffee to help activate your scalp growth terrain, this plumping hair growth ingredient trio enhances the appearance of thicker hair without leaving it feeling heavy.
This biotin hair growth shampoo is also free of sulfates, parabens, phthalates, gluten, and drying alcohol. Many reviewers feel that this is the best biotin shampoo for hair growth and they loved how their hair felt and smelled after using this, reviewers say that the scent of this biotin shampoo is absolutely delicious.
Economically priced, this hair growth product is better than the cabinets FULL of high-dollar “salon only” products that many women swear by. It doesn't weigh down your natural curls and saves you money at the same time.
Renpure Biotin and Collagen Thickening Shampoo
This is a gentle plant-based hair growth cleanser that is designed to lessen scalp irritation and give you a healthy moisture balance. Reviewers say it’s great for kinky-curly hair, and safe for color-treated hair.
This also made its way onto the best biotin shampoo for hair growth list because its packed with B-Complex vitamins, amino acids and health-promoting proteins! The biotin and collagen ingredient matrix work together to increase strength and thickness.
BOTANIC HEARTH Biotin Shampoo and Conditioner Set - with Ginger Oil & Keratin
This moisturizing biotin-infused hair cleanser and conditioner are enriched with a blend of nourishing and restorative ingredients to promote long thick hair growth. Botanic Hearth hair growth products are cruelty-free and never tested on animals. This biotin shampoo smells so good and reminds you of orange and ginger.
It also helps that this shampoo has tea tree oil which really helps cleanse your hair from the oils that build up over time. This candidate for best biotin shampoo for hair growth also has Panax Ginseng Root Extract which will stimulate the hair root also. It’s also packed with stimulatin herbs and compounds that make this an excellent biotin shampoo and conditioner combination.
OGX Thick & Full + Biotin & Collagen Extra Strength Volumizing Shampoo
OGX Biotin & Collagen growth shampoo gives your hair extra body. It delivers a deep cleansing, bold body, and incredible volume.
This premium ingredient blend is infused with bamboo fiber extract and hydrolyzed wheat protein which gives you a color-safe plumping shampoo that’s designed to nourish your hair with everything it needs to look healthy and beautiful. Biotin, aka vitamin B7, is crucial for skin, nail, and hair growth and health.
One of the only complaints about this shampoo is that some say it’s too thick and doesn’t leave the bottle very easily. That isn’t enough to keep OGX off of our best biotin shampoo for hair growth list though.
JASON Restorative Biotin Shampoo
JASON Restorative Biotin Shampoo gently cleanses while restoring strength and moisture to weak, damaged hair.
This earned its spot on our best biotin shampoo for hair growth list because of its nutrient-rich botanical recipe. Ingredients like biotin and pro-vitamin B5 help thicken the hair and boost its elasticity, and delicious-smelling botanicals such as ginseng and lavender extracts repair split ends and help stave off future damage and breakage..
This shampoo should help you see less hair fallout in the shower and on your hairbrush. You can also find a companion biotin conditioner to use it with. The shampoo has a clean fresh smell, it’s not super-thick but still lathers up very well. The conditioner is thick and doesn’t really last long for women with thicker, kinky-coily hair.
Avalon Organics Biotin B-Complex Thickening Shampoo
This made 7th place on NHP’s “Best Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth List” because it’s known to gently cleanse while nourishing fine, thinning hair to help build volume.
This shampoo is made of certified organic ingredients. It boasts a unique plant-based formula that’s made with organic botanicals and essential oils.
This is one of the best biotin shampoo for hair growth selections because it’s naturally pH balanced while still allowing you to enjoy a thick, rich lather. Use can also use the biotin B-complex thickening conditioner after rinsing out the shampoo for the best results. This hair growth product contains no GMOS, parabens, harsh preservatives, synthetic colors, synthetic fragrances, phthalates or sulfates.
Answers About Biotin For Hair Retention & Growth
I know that many people have questions about whether biotin shampoo side effects is a real thing or not along with other comon questions, below you'll find answers to the most commonly asked questions.
Hopefully these answers help you make the smartest decision when selecting your personal best biotin shampoo for hair growth.
Does Biotin Shampoo help with hair growth?
When used on your scalp, biotin shampoos do help increase hair growth by boosting your body's levels of biotin. If biotin gives you acne, this helps without you needing to take biotin as an oral supplement. It actually works for boosting hair thickness and growth without swallowing vitamins.
How often should I use a biotin shampoo?
How often you should use biotin shampoo depends on your personal goals. You should start by following the manufacturer's instructions on how often to use the biotin shampoos on our list. Usually though, once or twice a week is enough to see results. If you have oily hair, you may be able to use a biotin shampoo every day without the risk of overdrying your hair.
Does biotin thicken hair?
Biotin is a B vitamin that does thicken hair and is often recommended for boosting hair health. Biotin deficiency can lead to thinning, weak hair. In this situation, taking biotin supplements—in pill or tablet form—or using biotin-enriched shampoos can thicken your hair, while stimulating growth in your hair and nails.
Should I take biotin or collagen?
Many women take biotin and collagen together to grow hair faster and longer. If you want to show your hair, skin, and nails some extra TLC, it's safe to take both collagen and biotin together. Choosing one over the other is your choice, both have shown proven results.
Is it safe to take 10000 mcg of biotin daily?
Many biotin supplements regularly contain 10,000 of biotin, it’s not a problem. For normal dietary use, it’s generally accepted that you don’t need 10,000 per day, but for hair growth dosages many supplements containing anywhere from 1,000 to 10,000 mcg of biotin per pill and that’s fine. Clinical studies show no evidence that biotin is toxic at high levels.
Tell Us What You Know About Best Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth!
Do you have something to say about Best Biotin Shampoo for Hair Growth?
Share it with the world!